- 19 December 2018 11:34 PM
Wombat Servers now supports two factor authentication for GamePanel accounts.
Two factor authentication reduces the risk of an unauthorised user gaining access to your GamePanel
account; when logging in, you will be required to enter both your password and a time-limited pass code
that is sent to your mobile device.
To setup two factor authentication, login to the GamePanel as normal and click on the "Account Security"
1. Click on the "Two Factor Authentication" tab.
2. Select "Enable two-step verification".
3. Optionally, select whether you would like FTP connections to be protected by 2FA. Note carefully
the correct syntax for FTP token passwords.
4. On your mobile device, download the "Google Authenticator" app.
5. Open the app and add a new manual entry.
NOTE: scanning the QR code shown will not work on all devices.
6. Under the Account field in Google Authenticator, enter your GamePanel username. In the Key field,
enter the Verification Key shown in the GamePanel.
7. Save the entry and wait for a new code to be generated in the Authenticator app. Enter the code into
the Generated Token field of the GamePanel and save the form.
8. You will now be automatically logged out of your account in order to test the integration. When
prompted, enter your usual GamePanel password.
9. On the second login page, enter the current token shown in your mobile app. Note that this token
changes at regular intervals- it is sometimes best to wait for a new token to be generated if the
existing one is close to expiring.
If you are locked out of your account at any point, please contact our support team.